Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Spy Fun

When it first aired, one of my favorite shows was Burn Notice. I got super into it and watched every week. Then I got married but never bought cable, which left me out of luck for a while. Then they brought it to Netflix.

We watched all the way through Season 5 (maybe 6, but I can't remember for sure), and then we saw an episode that changed everything for us (yes, I'm talking about my wife, here). It was such a hard turn that it almost ruined the show for me. However, I've been craving this show again for a few weeks, now. And since I missed the final episode of Psych before they removed that from the streaming service, I had another show that I really wanted to finish up.

Emily and I started watching Burn Notice from the beginning. It's just as exciting as I remember, fun, funny, and it's been so long since we watched that I don't quite remember everything that happened.

Yes, part of me wants to finish Sons of Anarchy, Hell on Wheels, Longmire, and Frontier. But Burn Notice doesn't take itself as seriously as those shows do. That's nice for me. I like serious, tense shows. But Burn Notice has enough humor that it's a far more relaxing show to watch. And I'm not nearly as exhausted by it as I am with some other shows.

What are you rewatching? What about rereading? (I'm currently rereading Storm Front by Jim Butcher.)

Giles doesn't always revisit old shows or books. Except How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Friends, and Leverage. And Harry Potter (the books). But the ones he goes back to hold a special place in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment