Monday, June 5, 2017

Movie Review: Wonder Woman

If I could, I would simply fill this post with a heck-ton of heart-eyed emojis. I'm not joking–I enjoyed it so much, I could forego actual words.

I'm not going to talk about the fights going on over this movie. I don't really care. For me, the question isn't which audiences are pleased or displeased with the final product. All I really care about is whether the movie accurately encompass the spirit of one of the coolest classic superheroes out there.

I, for one, say YES. Yes, it does. Don't worry, I won't spoil any of the major plot points–just know that this film is fantastic. Gal Gadot is my new hero. I read another reviewer who said her performance was "charismatic", and I couldn't agree more. She was electric. But then, the entire cast did a splendid job. I was fully immersed in the world, and it was only later that I began to remember that many of those actors were better known in other roles.

And the screenwriting. Yes. Also yes. So much yes. The intense action is seasoned with funny one-liners that had the entire theater laughing out loud. I would like to digitally shake the hands of those writers. Thank you for bringing such a powerful story to life.

In short, DC did it. OMG. They made a great movie! It's possible, people! I'm looking forward to the next few DC films, and I hope they continue to improve their storytelling.




Michelle now wants to learn to leap up off of a running horse to shoot bad guys with her mad archery skills. BRB, just off to craft her new armor-based workout outfits...

No comments:

Post a Comment