Wednesday, June 7, 2017

A New Obsession

I've found a new show I really like: Riverdale. Netflix recommended it to me based on how much I like Supernatural, and I decided one evening, while waiting for Season 12 of Supernatural to show up, that I'd give it a try.

I've never read any of the Archie comics, but when I found out this was a "darker" take on the world, I knew I had to check it out. And I am SERIOUSLY pleased! The show is so good. It's a murder mystery with drama, action, and fun, simple romance. Many of the characters make the same, dumb, "this problem would be solved if we JUST COMMUNICATED" mistakes, but then they actually go and make real-life choices, including COMMUNICATING, solving their problems (eventually), and asking for help when they need it. They even own up to their mistakes.

The acting is okay, and the scripting falls a little below "par" in quality at times. But the tension, story arc, and character development are incredible!

If you haven't checked it out, yet, go do it. It's dark, serious, and a ton of fun.

Giles is definitely obsessed. And very sad that he only has three episodes left in the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment