Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Game Night!

I LOVE game night! At my best friend's house, it's all about goofing off, drinking beer, and playing D&D and/or board games. Betrayal at House on the Hill, Sea Fall, Carcassonne, even The Oregon Trail Card Game.

So imagine why I'm excited to join a new game night this week! Yes, it's going to be on Fridays, and yes I'll be hanging out with new friends (newer than my Sunday night peeps), and I get to PLAY in an RPG that I've never been a PC in before. Board games are awesome because they're a great way to relax and get to know each other.

And, as a writer, roleplaying games rock because they exercise my brain and help build story ideas and stretch my character building abilities.

So, yeah, I'm excited.

Do you have a game night? What's your favorite game?

Yep, Giles is exciting for gaming. It's one of his favorite hobbies. Along brewing and video games.

1 comment:

  1. Growing up I played the usual mainstream board games with my family, we also were big into card games & dominos. We still play games at family gatherings.

    As an adult, there were a few of us who would get together for a Saturday night Scrabble game. I provided the food and home brew. That was nearly 20 years ago, they all have since scattered across the globe.

    I never had the chance to play RPG tabletop games. One of the kids that I was mentoring tried to show me how to play “Magic: The Gathering” card game, but never could get the hang of it.

    It seems there are many writers who do tabletop RPGs, guess I missed the boat on that experience. However, I do run a couple of “interactive fiction” style RPGs, via Yahoo Groups. I should say my wife now runs them; I’ve been inactive for a few years.

    ReplyDelete