Friday, May 19, 2017

DCC...Without Cosplay?

It's May and, as I'm writing this, it's snowing. Because Colorado. But we're already thinking about Denver Comic Con and that's exciting! The guest list this year is super cool, they're getting the panel announcements together, and I've already got my wish list of merch I want to bring home (well, the list of fandoms I want to find things for, at least). I'm not excited for another con, what are you talking about?

What's weird is that I don't think I'm going to be cosplaying this year. I could re-use some costumes, but most of them were too hot for the summer, or were too tight to work with my current health issues. So I'm probably going to just be wearing nerd shirts this year, and that's bizarre for someone who's never been a convention without a costume!

But one of the most important things about conventions is taking care of yourself. Making sure you're hydrated and eating enough food to enjoy the panels and the con floor is what allows you to have a good time. And if that means not cosplaying for once, well there are worse things.

Who else is coming to DCC this year? We want to say hi!


Emer was looking forward to wearing her most recent steampunk costume again, but it's just not going to happen. So instead, she'll be showing off her Tee Turtle shirts and maybe some closet cosplay. Maybe, if she gets really ambitious, she'll bust out Death from The Sandman comics again.

No comments:

Post a Comment