Thursday, January 19, 2017

Things I've Been Obsessed With Recently

Simply put, I haven't finished reading the book I was going to review this week. *sigh* I'll be reviewing The Young Elites by Marie Lu next Thursday!

So, anyway...Things I've Been Obsessed With Recently

1. Supernatural - I love this show. Everyone who reads this blog knows that I am not a horror person, but between this show and Nightmares Unhinged I'm beginning to appreciate it more. I'm not going to take up watching horror movies any time soon, but it's a step in the right direction. Plus, it's fun to convert people over to a fandom. (So far I'm up to three people!)

2. Podcasts - I know. This should be obvious. But seriously, with my new job I'm actually able to listen to podcasts on my way to work and on the way home. I've been listening to ours (and laughing probably more than I should), the Functional Nerds podcast (because it's like listening to friends have a conversation), and the Roundtable Podcast (I'm pretty sure I want Dave Robison to narrate the story of my life and/or give the eulogy at my funeral).

3. My Office - I'm pretty sure my new office is the perfect setting for a horror movie. It's almost dead silent, the only sounds you hear is sporadic maniacal laughter, and the clicking of a ton of keyboards puts me in the Predator movies. (Not that I've actually watched Predator, but I know what sounds they make.) I can't help but think of this at least three times a day.

4. Learning German - Have you heard of the Duolingo app? It's amazing! I spoke pretty decent German as a child (it comes with the territory when you live there for three years) but I lost all of it when we came back to the States. Duolingo teaches you to speak, read, and write a language, and the best part is that it is absolutely FREE. Give it a try, and if you choose to learn German, let me know. We'll start a German club in the app!

What have you been obsessed with recently?

Emily has also been obsessed with the farting penguin Christmas card that is hanging on her living room wall. She's also really excited that her sister is going to fly in for Denver Comic Con this year. If you can't tell, Emily is a little scatterbrained this evening. 

1 comment:

  1. My previous office was a little creepy. It was located in the basement of an old hotel. I had to walk though a long dark maintenance tunnel filled with hissing steam pipes. The good thing, I was rarely bothered by coworkers or visitors.

    I've been obsessed in getting rid of the useless stuff I've accumulated over time. I've tossed two carloads of junk into the dump and have another carload of items to donate to our animal shelter's yard sale. I still have more to go through.

    I am a bit obsessed with the film "Blade Runner" and was ecstatic to see a sequel is coming out this fall. I hope they keep the same aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete