Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Giles' Plans for 2017

Yes, last week I took the week off. In my defense, it was inventory day at work. We counted every item in the warehouse, adjusted the computer to reflect reality (after tracking down any missing items we could), then I came home and took my wife out to dinner. Because it was our anniversary. So, yeah, I missed a blog post because I was working my day job and prioritizing my wife.

On to new things, though! 2017 is a big year for me. Not because of any definite change that's coming, but mostly because of changes we've already made. My day job is still very new to me, but I'm learning a lot and gaining new skills I didn't even know I didn't know.

Writing is still a little in flux for me, but I'm making time here and there while I try to figure out how to adjust my schedule. That being said, I'm going to complete a draft of a novel I'm really enjoying, and I'm going to revise it and (hopefully) start querying it soon.

And I'm going to finish a short story I started last year and have ONE more pass to make on it before sending it out to publishers.

Generally, I don't do "New Year's resolutions" because if I need to change something about myself, there's no reason NOT to start immediately. And the same is true this year, as much as it's ever been. But this year I'm going to shift priorities a little, as much out of necessity as out of a desire for change. Last year, I pushed to read more and more books. Which is good, and I want to consume as much fiction as I can this year. But I want to focus on quality over quantity this year and actually ABSORB what I read.*

As always, brewing is something I want to pursue, but I'm not going to declare huge plans. I'm going to dig out my equipment, put together the ingredients, and ENJOY this hobby I love. It won't be the epic, amazing extravaganza I've always hoped for, but it'll be relaxing.

And over all, I'm going to try to have more fun while PURSUING a stronger career (both day job and writing).

What about you? Any thoughts on the year to come?

Giles is going to try not to stress about all the little things.

Don't laugh, it could TOTALLY happen!










*To be fair, I can't listen to audio books at work. It would DESTROY my productivity. So I'm going to read, but I just won't be able to do AS MUCH.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have things in hand. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete