Friday, September 9, 2016

Con Wall

The Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers Colorado Gold conference is this weekend. This is the first time since 2010 that I haven't attended. It's kind of weird, knowing that all my writing friends will be hanging out across the street from my day job office and I'll instead be working today, recording tomorrow, and playing D&D on Sunday. It's weird not freaking out about meeting agents and editors and helping my friends practice pitches.

But it's a good weird. It's like a breathing moment, between all the other conventions this year. Between AnomalyCon, Denver Comic Con, World Con, and possibly MileHiCon, I'm kind of (and I never ever thought I'd say this) con-ed out for this year.

Don't get me wrong, conventions are amazing and fun and do wonders for both our podcast marketing and finding people to interview. And I do love me some good cosplay. But they're also expensive and, for an introvert like me, can be totally draining and stressful.

So, for as weird as it is to not be gearing up for RMFW this afternoon, I'm taking the time to try to recharge my batteries without hanging with huge amounts of other writers all weekend. I'm taking the time to get a few words of my own on paper, enjoy the sunshine, and get some awesome interviews with my cohosts tomorrow.

What about you? Are you going to RMFW or another writing conference this year? Will you buy me recordings of any really cool panels you go to?

 

Emer is currently focusing on that whole breathing thing. Turns out, it helps a lot to take just a few deep breaths. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment