Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Giles' Writing Playlist

Yes, we all have writing playlists, and now that I'm working on a new project, I have music to inspire me. It's mood music, meant to get me in the mindset of the book. Inspire feelings. And keep me motivated to write.

There's a collection of new hits (like some Twenty One Pilots' Heathens), some less-known hard rock (like Bring Me The Horizon's Happy Song), and several punk covers of popular songs. More will be added to the list as I go, but if you're curious, here's a link to it on Spotify.

Now guess the genre of the book I'm writing.

Yep, Giles is a good way into this WiP. It's getting fun, and it's stretching his abilities as a writer. The music helps keep him focused, and it inspires him to explore new emotions for the characters.

3 comments:

  1. If you haven't heard them already, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes do great punk covers of pop, folk, show tunes and other types of music. You also can't go wrong with The Moldy Peaches' cover of "Little Bunny Foo Foo"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few Me First songs in a couple of the other playlists I listen to, but I've never heard of The Moldy Peaches. I'll have to check them out.

      Delete
    2. The Moldy Peaches are far from polished. I just find the punked up children's song amusing and subversive.

      I listened through your playlist and have found a number of groups I'll be adding to my library.

      Thanks!

      Delete