Friday, April 29, 2016

Rain and Music

Last week, I blogged about spring's amazing weather and today it's rain/snowing and chilly. Coincidence? I think not.

But enough about my weather woes. Let's talk music!

I normally write with whatever's on in the background (mostly silence or coffee shop music), unless I actually remember to turn on my writing playlist. Said playlist is either the compilation of movie soundtracks on my hard drive, or the Joe Hisashi station on Pandora (he's the guy who did most of the soundtracks for the Studio Ghibli movies).

Over the last couple of days, it's been the latter. And let me tell you, this music is not only fantastic for getting me in the creative mood, it's also wonderful to just listen to as I sit here and nurse my tea and watch the rain come down.

I know everyone has their own habits when it comes to noise while writing or focusing on something, so I'm curious about yours! Tell me in the comments or on our Facebook page.


Emily is hoping to avoid leaving her blanket cocoon for the rest of the day except when she needs more tea. She's also hoping it won't actually snow that much because she's so ready for spring.

1 comment:

  1. If I’m writing at 4 AM, I have a big mug of coffee and write in silence. On work breaks, I’ll write in silence for a few minutes here and there. In the evening, I have to put in earbuds and play something loud enough to tune out everything going on at home. I go for hard rock or psychedelic electronica that is instrumental.

    Sorry to hear you have snow again. The weather guy mentioned that in a few days, we might get precipitation from your current storm, but it looks like it will all be in the form of rain.

    ReplyDelete