Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sick Day

You know, I don't call in sick. It's just not something I do. I've worked with a temperature of 101 degrees, a throat that feels like it's coated in barbed wire, and muscles that feel like rubber bands ready to snap. I only call in sick when I know I'm going to be a danger to others.

At least at my day job. It may not be the healthiest choice, which is why I actually CONSIDER it now and then, and have even taken advantage of a handful of sick days over the last few years, but there's work to get done. Sometimes, as a working adult, I just need to take some over-the-counter painkillers (NEVER prescription at work!!!), and get the job done. Especially as an employee of a small business.

However, today I'm taking a sick day on this blog. I love writing for this blog, and I enjoy doing what I do for Beyond the Trope. The last sick day I remember taking for the podcast was last year at Anomaly Con (where we'll be NEXT WEEK, so don't miss it), and I think missing one day here and there probably isn't a big deal.

So let me leave you with a question: how often do you "push through," emotionally, mentally, and/or physically, when you're not feeling 100%?

Giles doesn't feel well. Hence the short post.

2 comments:

  1. I used to push through and show up to work at death’s door. I then realized I had walked into the wrong building, my office is next door.

    I do know that there is a time when you need to take care of yourself. I think that most people who care about your welfare understand about such things.

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. The unfortunate fact this week has been that there's so much to do that I've had to go to work. If I felt worse, I probably would've called in, but as it stands, I think I made the right call.

      Delete