Friday, February 26, 2016

Yes, Giles, Two Years!

So, in keeping with the theme this week: holy cow, Beyond the Trope is two years old!

Like my co-hosts, I wasn't really sure how long this monster was going to go when we first started out. A year sounded optimistic. Now we're staring down the beginning of year three. And being part of this nerdy, writing, weirdness we created has been amazing. Some of the things that really stuck with me through these two years:
  • The amazing people we've had the opportunity to meet and talk to
  • Interviewing two of my favorite authors 
  • Having a table at conventions really changes the experience (in a good way; as an introvert, I love having a home base I can retreat to) 
  • Michelle and I are scarily good at randomly speaking in unison 
  • Making friends with incredible authors and con organizers 
  • It's amazing how far asking people and being nice will take you 
  • Cheddar bunnies are the best snack for recording days 
  • Talking to people isn't as scary as it first seems
That's just what I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more. And there will definitely be more in the future, talk to more people, teach more panels, and expand what we're doing. I'm seriously looking forward to seeing what we come up with, and I hope you are, too!


Emily is really looking forward the conventions this year. She's also excited about finally finishing the short story she's editing. And the fact that her Kitsune Tales short stories are available for pre-order on Amazon (until March first, when they come out and the price rises). She's excited about a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment