Monday, February 22, 2016

Happy Anniversary!

“Things To Do Before I’m 30”
by Michelle from 2012
  1. Don’t start a podcast
  2. Stay away from conventions
  3. Never dress up as a superhero in public
  4. Save money – don’t buy as many books
  5. Be friends with critique partners, but not “best” friends
  6. Write good ol’ sword and sorcery fiction
  7. Keep your thoughts to yourself
  8. DON’T START A PODCAST

This week marks our TWO YEAR anniversary. I have to write it in all caps because that’s how I hear the words in my brain. TWO. YEARS. I’m just going to be honest: I never, ever, never, ever thought this is where we’d be.

The older I get, the nerdier my life becomes. It’s not that I was against nerdy things as my younger self. I just didn’t realize my life wasn’t actually that nerdy. When Giles, Emer, and I decided to go crazy and start Beyond the Trope, I figured we’d do it until Giles got bored. Seriously! I knew it would be fun, but I honestly thought everyone else would change their minds after a couple of years.

And now…here we are at the end of those couple of years, and we’re just more excited than ever to keep this thing chugging along. I don’t know how 2015 was for the rest of you, but it turned into a, shall we say, cluster near the end, and Beyond the Trope was one of the few things in my life I could count on to create happy moments.

Thank you so much for listening to us talk through this crazy, nerdy, geeky world. We are constantly amazed by the support we get from our old and new friends. Here’s to another year of discussion, interviews, and hilarious moments.

Oh, and that list from above? Some goals were made to be forgotten J

Write on!







Michelle writes stuff and likes to vague-ify things. Stuff and things are incredibly versatile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment