Monday, December 28, 2015

Hello from Roma!

I was supposed to post last Monday, but I totally spaced. I should *probably* have something nerd-related to talk about, but it's currently too late in the day for me to come up with a great theme (since for me it's close to 10:30 pm).

Here are a few I considered:
1. How traveling makes me want to move to a new city and see what artsy things are going on there.
2. How awesome/amazing/hilarious Olan Rodgers videos are.
3. Why free wifi is the shizz.
4. Why buying books from a bouquiniste vendor on the Seine feels so lovely.
5. Reading old favorites in new places.
6. The fact that maybe a little German  and lots of Italian would've been rather helpful on this trip. RATHER. HELPFUL.

The fact is, if you haven't  ventured to a city where you don't speak the language, you should. Oh, don't get me wrong. It's  an introvert's nightmare. But it's good for you, I promise. It teaches you fun things like the fact of "calzone" being pronounced as "cahl-sone-ay". (Thank you, random food person, for making me feel silly saying a word I've grown up with. Those raised eyebrows were very helpful).

Happy travels!

Michelle
Michelle is currently in Rome and has no idea how to make her mobile app put her photo in the right place...so just pretend she's smirking at you. Actually, she probably *is* smirking at you, because she does that a lot. It's a personal problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment