Monday, November 2, 2015

My Friends!

I have a confession to make: I don't care about Ross and Rachel. I don't really care about Joey or Phoebe, either. All I care about is Chandler and Monica.

Whatever you do, though, don't ask my roommate how much I care about them. I'll just tell you that I've done a lot of Netflixing lately...and it's been exclusively Friends for about a month now. I. Can't. Stop.

As a mid-80s baby, I was just young enough to not totally get everything that went on while Friends was actually on air. Well, that and I wasn't allowed to watch it. Ha. I caught a few re-runs when they used to show on TV, but before a month ago I'd never watched the series with any kind of order. I thought I would just watch a few and get on with my life.

This is how addictions begin, right? TV shows. Not even once.

I love laughing, and this show is hilarious. I love being able to relax, and this show doesn't make me work to follow along. At twenty minutes a pop I can chill for under an hour...or for five. But most of all, I love Monica and Chandler. They give the entire show story a depth that can only come from a couple living something slightly more realistic than always having free time to meet up in a coffee shop.  Which, by the way, I'm incredibly jealous of.

I'd like to shake hands with the writer who came up with the story twist that threw them together.





Michelle discovered thin, mint Oreos this week. Ermahgerd. Oreos finally have the right amount of icing. It's a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment