Monday, November 30, 2015

Concerning Vacations

Some part of me is lost in the long Thanksgiving weekend we just left behind. For the first time in months, I actually got to sleep in, run errands, and write for more than thirty minutes in a row. It. Was. Glorious.

All that free time reminded me just how important it is to take vacations. A four-day weekend is barely long enough to recover from months of hard work. Most companies expect you to hit the ground running on the way back from a long weekend. Ha. This morning I hit the ground…and stayed there for a while. It helped me realize that I didn’t just need a vacation – which was my theory at the beginning of last week. I need to reboot my entire system. And from talking to friends and acquaintances, this is a common feeling. I think we all need more long weekends.

Before New Year’s comes along and gets me all to make promises I probably won’t keep, I want to make sure I finish strong this year. It’s silly to expect to be able to be 100% productive every second of every day. So I’m going to give myself a break from all the things that stress me out and spend more time writing and making crafty things. I’m going to hand-make some Christmas presents before I go on vacation in three weeks, and instead of letting my day job freak me out, I’m going to dive into things that I’m passionate about.


As the holidays loom over us, don’t forget to keep creativity on your to-do list. I know I’m not the only one out there who de-stresses by making up stories – and the world can certainly use a few good stories right now. 







Michelle's leaving in 18 days for a trip she's been planning for years/ IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment