Friday, April 3, 2015

Goal Review

We're starting in on April this week (scary), and I'm sitting down to look at my monthly goals today. I think April's a good time to look at all those goals and dreams and resolutions we established in January and see where we are, if we still want to move toward them, or if we should change them totally.

One of the goals I set at the beginning of the year was to have a novel ready to submit to a writing contest that opened this month. Over the last two months, I've realized that's not going to happen for a variety of reasons and re-set my goal to focus on short stories--ideally, to write and submit one every month starting now (I need beta readers, if anyone's interested).

I want to get back on my goal of at 500-1,500 words a day, but I know that that's going to take a lot of discipline to get on, given that my life is getting busier and busier. It's still important to make sure I'm getting words on the page, focusing on practicing my craft.

What goals did you set at the beginning of the year? Have they changed? Do you need to climb back on the bandwagon (it's never too late)?


Emily's trying something new with these goal things this year--actually reviewing them monthly and trying to make them work. It's been an interesting process so far. If you're interested in beta reading or just chatting, catch her on Twitter @EmilykSinger.

No comments:

Post a Comment