Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Distraction is a Good Thing. Right?

Normally, I wouldn't agree with a statement like that, but I'd have to say that my distractions right now are good. Why? Well, I'm so distracted that I'm struggling to come up with decent blog posts. And I'm distracted by writing!

That's right: I'm writing. I have a book that I'm outlining right now, and it's going to get workshopped by Dave Robison, our guest on this week's episode. Then I'm going to pump out a complete manuscript, with a beginning, middle, and an end. My goal is to start revising by November.

I could go on, but you should go write. Stop reading this and write something. Seriously, go!

Yes, Giles has declared that he's writing again several times, but this is the first book he's been fired up about in over six months. More than NaNo, more than the short stories he's been playing around with. Almost as much as the novel he's pitching right now. The real excitement will come when he finishes the first draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment