Wednesday, March 11, 2015

New Projects

Over the past few months, I've been thinking about new projects to work on that will help enhance my writing career. It hasn't been easy. There are ups and downs, and when I'm ready to give up, there's always someone pulling me back in to keep trying (my wife, first, then Emily and Michelle). That's both good and bad. It's good because I never REALLY want to give up. But it's bad because, sometimes, I want to rest. Just get away from it all and enjoy life outside of the day job.

But I'm still creating. Pursuing real ideas with possibilities to them. The ideas that have no obvious potential, I'm evaluating those to see what I can do with them.

This is going to take many forms over the next few months, but first, we're going to Anomaly Con. That's a big deal. It's one of the coolest Steampunk cons around, and if you've never been, you should go.

We're presenting a workshop there, and it's going to be a first for us. We'll be standing up in front of people, rather than hiding behind the mics, and then we're going to talk. About writing. And structure. It's super exciting.

I wish I could reveal ALL of the super-awesomeness that's coming out, but I hate sharing big news that may not turn into anything. So keep your eyes pealed: SOMETHING will come, it just might be something different than what I'm thinking about today.

Giles has been so busy today, he's surprised he managed to get this blog post up. Hope you enjoyed it, vagueness and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment