Monday, January 26, 2015

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

I was about to write a really deep, researched post about writing techniques, and then I realized that my co-hosts spent their posts last week gushing. Giles talked about success and things we’ve learned, and Emily went squee over some interviews and events we have planned.

I can’t very well let them have the only excitement. Our first anniversary is looming, and here’s what I’m excited for: change.

I love what we’ve done so far. Beyond the Trope has progressed past everything I thought it would be. Honestly, at first I imagined we would record for a year or so, and then we would let ourselves get too busy to do it, and it would kind of fade away. It’s not that I didn’t want to turn it into a brand, a business or (maybe someday) a money-maker; I just had no idea it was even possible. I went into the idea with absolutely no goals except for “Let’s have some fun”.

And now, things are going to change. Some people freak out when this happens. I should know – I just moved and even though it’s awesome, it’s also weird. My status quo has completely changed, and I’m not quite used to it yet. But the change was and is for the best.

That’s how it’s going to be with the podcast. You’re going to see some fantastic visual transformations over the next month or so. I am so excited for these changes, you guys. Oh, man. So. Excited. I know a podcast is more about what you hear than what you see, but in the end, everything is going to get better.

Keep an eye out in future posts for hints of things that are going to get better!

  



Michelle thinks it’s hilarious that all of those reporting classes from college are actually helping her with something as fun as a podcast. Who knew something you hated could turn into something so great?

No comments:

Post a Comment