There are plenty of books and movies and shows out there that do this--some better than others--but one that
- A beautifully diverse cast (in race, religion, age, etc. AND one of the main characters is canonically on the Autism spectrum)
- Meta/self-referential humor everywhere
- Surprise heartbreaking moments just when you're starting to think this show is a completely goofy comedy
- Pop culture references and jokes at the best possible times
- Sheer ridiculousness
- Wonderful tropes and trope-twisting in almost every episode, especially the pop culture parody episodes (of which there are many)
- Seriously. Check out the Community page on TV Tropes. It's glorious.
- Musical episodes, stop-motion animation, paintball wars, pillow and blanket forts, and a school-wide game of Hot Lava
- It's supposed to be set in Colorado, but if you live in Colorado, you know it's really not at all
Emily is one of those people who will binge watch an entire TV show in a matter of weeks (depending on how long it is, obviously) and then demand everyone she talks to watch it, too. She's not at all sorry about it. She also may or may not be building a secret blanket fort with her roommate.