Monday, December 29, 2014

A Whole New Year [of Toiling]

Please feel free to get A Whole New World stuck in your head for the entirety of this blog. It’s stuck in my head right now, and I can’t get it out. Except…I may have changed some of it:

A whole new yearA new year full of things to doNow that my book is doneIt’s time for fun“Fun,” which means some toiling

So yeah. That was just a little taste of me being weird. Actually, I really like my version of the song. Kind of catchy, you know? I especially like the trade of “dreaming” for “toiling”, because both words could technically be used. But “toiling” is way more appropriate. You see, I just finished the first draft of what has to be my favorite thing ever.

Supercurses and mountain lions. Quests. Unrequited love and traitors and a revolution.
If it was a person I would marry it, but then our relationship would be fraught with awkward moments, and a crazy general would try to kill us during a race for superpowered healing.

Now that it’s done, it’s time for beta readers and editing and the ever-looming Writing of a Synopsis and a Query Letter. In short, now is when the toil begins.

It’s crazy to think that I began this project a little over a year ago, and now I have a product ready to refine. Hands down, this is the fastest I’ve ever finished a first draft. Heck, it’s the first time I’ve actually finished a first draft with an ending I liked. It’s awesome.

Which brings me to another song…

Everything is awesome!Everything is cool when your first draft is done!Everything is AWESOME!But my work is never done!





Much like a Disney princess, Michelle tends to break into random song. 
It creates a lot of awkward moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment