Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Winter Writing

Winter is by far my favorite time of year. I know it's not winter yet, but it's 2 degrees outside, so I'm going to pretend fall is over. For now, anyway.

I love snow, as long I don't have to drive around other people. I love sitting under a blanket with a mug of coffee, tea, or hot cocoa. And when it's this cold out, I love setting my warm laptop in front of me and typing away at a nice story.

If I could live in a land of perpetual winter, sit indoors and write all the time, I would never want for anything. Except, maybe, a trip to the summer lands every couple of years. But for no more than a week.

What do you like about winter? Does it energize you to get writing done? Or does it make you sleepy (like I know it does to several of my friends)?

Giles is warm at home right now, even though he spent several hours this morning remembering why most people shouldn't be allowed to drive in the snow. He's working his way through NaNoWriMo at the moment, so this is a short blog post.

1 comment:

  1. I like the changing of seasons. We had a beautiful, balmy fall this year, and winter waited longer than it usually does around here, so I enjoy the snow, though I hate the perpetual cold. If it's going to be cold, I want to see snow, darn it! We've had some lovely snow, so far, though. Enjoy your writing time and cocoa!

    ReplyDelete