Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

I'm lucky; I get to be the Halloween blogger! Halloween is my favorite holiday, mostly because I grew up in a theatrical family and inherited the love of everything costumes and makeup and make-believe.

When I was a toddler, my dad would dress up and hide in the yard to scare the trick-or-treaters. He'd take me out with him and I would laugh and laugh and laugh--I was never afraid of the man in the mask because I knew it was my dad. But my parents never got over that (and I think it's still funny to this day).

This year, I dressed up in costume all day because I love having the excuse! There's something incredible about being able to pretend that you're someone else without having people automatically think you're crazy.

And, honestly, I think that's part of what I like so much about writing, too--I get to pretend, and create new worlds, and get into someone else's head without getting recommended for therapy. Basically, writing lets me continue to be a kid as long as I want, and you just can't beat that!



Emily's not really into scary things, but she's going to have a blast tonight handing out candy to all the costumed kids. Follow her shenanigans on Twitter @Emilyksinger.

No comments:

Post a Comment