Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Life in Balance

I've never been great at balancing responsibilities. I tend to look at the most immediate commitment and focus entirely on that until I get fed up. Then I let that one do what it needs to do while I focus on something else.

In a lot of ways, I like to plan ahead in life. Especially when it comes to something like blogging or podcasting. We're recording the podcasts a month at a time because we don't all live on the same side of town, and getting together every week would probably burn us out pretty fast. I know I'd get burned out giving up every Saturday for the foreseeable future, and that's not always an option, either, with my day job.

As release day approaches, I'm looking at my schedule again. Trying to reevaluate how I spend my time. I have responsibilities to the listeners we're going to have, to the readers of this new blog, and (just as importantly) to the two people who are putting their efforts into this project alongside me. Today has been an unusual day, and a difficult one for getting projects completed on time. In fact, I'm actually finishing this on my lunch break because I ended up sleeping in to keep myself from getting sick. And at the day job, I had to leave right away for a delivery down south.

Balance can be hard to strike, but when it happens, it's totally worth the effort. And learning to improve one's life is always a worthy endeavor.

How do you balance everything in your life? Do you have trouble with it?

"Argle, Blargle, Whush, Mezzume."

That's not a spell, it's a voice command for my rocket boots. BTW, I'm Giles Hash. The epic wizard of this rag-tag trio. Find out more at the Beyond the Trope website and over on my blog. I'm also on Twitter @gileshash.

Sorry for breaking the fourth wall. No, I'm not sorry. Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment